I combine a love of theatre and comedy with a quick grasp of technology, a hands-on practicality and a strong understanding of light. Hard-working with an eagerness to learn, develop my skills and seek new challenges. Although primarily interested in lighting, I find versatility an essential mentality in theatre, and am used to working in all areas backstage at a production.
Currently occupied with relighting and stage management for tours.
- Familiar with most lighting desks, including programming Strand (especially 520), ETC (especially Ion) and Zero 88 boards
- Lighting designed in a variety of fringe and mid sized venues
- Setting up and mixing sound for small bands and cabaret acts
- Basic SFX editing, and preparing control packages, especially QLab
- Operated lights and/or sound for over a thousand performances
- Used to small-scale touring
- BECTU member
- Experience with electrical maintenance and safety, including PAT testing
I own a small amount of equipment to either fill in gaps on existing installs, or for very basic spaces.
- Zero 88 Betapack dimmer (DMX & analogue)
- Soundcraft EPM6 sound mixing desk
- Behringer Xenyx 1202FX sound mixing desk
- Two powered speakers (10" driver)
- DI box and microphones, various lengths of XLR and jack audio cables, plus a selection of audio adaptors.
- A number of breakup gobos